Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Floor's going down #Two




To start I had to remove all the grout in the existing tiles so it would all match up with the new tiles. Had my new Dremel so it was quick work.















Clean lines!



Next-
Because the level of the floor is to low I've got to put down a leveling compound to level the floor and bring it up some. Mesh reinforcement is secured down to plywood to adhere to the compound. (I know I just screwed through the waterproof membrane. Did this kind of backwards but I'm pressed for time. Got to get tiles down asap.)








Self-Leveling compound poured on top.












The next mourning. Didn't come out as expected but brought up the floor some and will act as a waterproofing membrane. (Didn't need the red stuff). My father-in-law's on the way to help put the tiles down.










Much thanks to my Father-in-law.  From the day...














...to the night. So much setting bed to level it all. Glad to have used Flexbound which will allow some movement to the structure without cracking the tiles plus act as a waterproof membrane.











Almost done.













Edge against the wall are the only pieces left. The kitchen is taking shape. If you notice, the tiles are smaller than the existing ones. Couldn't match them in size but got the style and color pretty close.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog